Today I’m sharing how I organize keepsakes and memories for my 4 boys. This system is tried and true, as I’ve done it this way for 11 years and wouldn’t change a thing.
There are three super-simple steps to this process: Find Supplies, Gather, Upkeep.
1. find supplies for your system
What do I put in the 3-ring notebook ("Keepsake Notebook")?
- school work
- journaling pages (cute sayings; favorite food, color, toy at each age)
- clear sleeves filled with small keepsakes, ticket stubs, brochures from trips
- another option: file box with folders by year or grade
- keepsake baby outfits or blankets
- larger souvenirs
- family heirlooms or gifts for when they're older
- key to choosing box: practical & durable, not necessarily pretty
A couple times a year go through your pile of memorabilia, file and store. Your kids can help you decide what they want to keep.
Print photos a couple times a year to include in the notebook.
It's definitely a lot of fun to get the Keepsake Notebooks out around birthdays. My kids love to look through books that are all about their lives.
And when my kids leave the nest, it will be freeing to be able to hand them their Memory Bins & notebooks!
How do you organize all those keepsakes in your home?